cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories from Garmin not shown in Strava

Cristian_ros
Mt. Kenya

I've recently noticed that the calories burned are not shown in Strava (as it used to be few weeks ago) and this figure has been  replaced by Avg Power.

I am using a Garmin Fenix 7 and had entered the weight etc..The Garmin Connect App shows the figure.  Any one can help?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

timothejannetta
Mt. Kenya

Hello, 
same issue here, and from what it seems, a lot of people are complaining about it. Calories are definitely tracked by garmin but they stopped showing on the strava activity summary stats and on the more detailed stats as well (on the ios app, i can still see them on the web version..), for my running activities (run+trail run), and were replaced by avg power (which is arguably not a very interesting metric compared to calories for running, and still appears in the details anyway)
the pattern is a bit random though because on some runs (when elevation gain is low it appears), avg gap is not displayed on the summary and then i can see the calories, but when avg gap is displayed calories are not shown and avg power is displayed instead.. I would rather avg power never appears in the summary, and always have my gap AND calories displayed (for both run and trail run). Thanks!

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Cristian_ros,

Thanks for writing in! If the device writes the calorie value into the file, you’ll always be able to see them by clicking into the activity and viewing the full activity details page. However, if you’re asking about the stats shown on the activity feed entries, those are subject to change from activity to activity and are dependent on the data available/available space.

Let me know if this helps.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ho Bryan, thanks for your prompt reply, unfortunately despite the device writing the info, those calories can not be seen in the detailed report of the activity( or at least I can not see it  , nor in the feed entries . To have that info I am obliged to either check the activity in my watch or check the Garmin App