cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export or Sync Fatmap recording to Strava

sfarma
Mt. Kenya

Is there actually anyway of doing this? Exporting the GPX file from FATMAP to upload to strave doesnt work as it only exports a route GPX and not an activity GPX.

My strava activities show up in FATMAP, but i want it to behave the other way around (otherwise none of my fatmap activities go in to my apple health data)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately, there is no auto-sync of activities from FATMAP to Strava (Only Strava to FATMAP).  You can manually export FATMAP activities as ROUTE files, but you won't be able to upload them to Strava as activity files.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @sfarma
Thanks for your post! You cannot sync activities or adventures from FATMAP to Strava as they do not contain any time data. You can, however, import a GPX route file from FATMAP to Strava.

Create a Route from GPX:
You can create a Strava route from a GPX file builder by selecting Dashboard from the top navigation menu on the Strava website > My Routes > Create New Route. Click the upload button (right of the search bar) and choose the GPX file you would like to use to create a route. Once the file has been uploaded, you can adjust the waypoints on the map or edit your route preferences as necessary. Select Save once you've finished.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thanks but this isn’t a solution to my original post, which is about activities not routes.

Unfortunately, there is no auto-sync of activities from FATMAP to Strava (Only Strava to FATMAP).  You can manually export FATMAP activities as ROUTE files, but you won't be able to upload them to Strava as activity files.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)