cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava always shortens moving time when importing an activity from Polar

charlottefabri
Mt. Kenya

When importing a run from Polar into Strava, Strava always cuts off some moving time. See pictures below. I ran for 46:47. This was correctly recorded by Polar. When the activity is imported into Strava, it says I ran the same distance in 44:53. Why is this?

When running, I always manually pause my Polar watch at traffic lights. Auto-pause in Strava is turned off.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 11.00.38_24dd2985.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-05-28 at 11.00.37_e4cf314c.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @charlottefabri
Thanks for your post and sorry about the discrepancies between your activities as shown on another platform and Strava. We are two separate platforms with different calculations so certain aspects of your activity analysis may be different. We use our own calculation for pace and moving time based on the GPS data that is sent to us. This means that even though the elapsed time is the same, the moving time can be a bit different, which can cause differences in average speed/pace.

We feel confident that we are accurately representing your data, but are always working on improving our calculations and appreciate your feedback. You may want to search our support site for more information and discussions on this topic.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @charlottefabri
Thanks for your post and sorry about the discrepancies between your activities as shown on another platform and Strava. We are two separate platforms with different calculations so certain aspects of your activity analysis may be different. We use our own calculation for pace and moving time based on the GPS data that is sent to us. This means that even though the elapsed time is the same, the moving time can be a bit different, which can cause differences in average speed/pace.

We feel confident that we are accurately representing your data, but are always working on improving our calculations and appreciate your feedback. You may want to search our support site for more information and discussions on this topic.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team