cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUAWEI health to Strava sync issue

Mikeybey1
Mt. Kenya

Hi all, I have been able to sync activities from HUAWEI health to Strava for over a year now but in the last month and a half it has stopped uploading new activities to Strava. Does anyone else have this issue? I have done everything suggested on the websites etc I have uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all the sync settings are correct and ensured Strava is linked but still not working 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Mikeybey1
Thanks for your post. We are aware of sync issues between Huawei Health and Strava. While we generally ask athletes to reach out to Huawei support for troubleshooting steps I can recommend the following:

Please note: If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
2.Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava

•  Europe
  • Latin America
  • Asia Pacific
  • Africa

3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.

• Sync profile to cloud 
  • Sync fitness data to Cloud
  • Sync health data to Cloud

4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.

• If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities are still not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Mikeybey1
Thanks for your post. We are aware of sync issues between Huawei Health and Strava. While we generally ask athletes to reach out to Huawei support for troubleshooting steps I can recommend the following:

Please note: If you are not seeing the ability to connect to Strava under the Data sharing and authorization menu in Huawei Health it is because this integration is only available in select countries

1. Please make sure both the Huawei Health app and the Strava app are up to date.
2.Please make sure you are in a region that Huawei has allowed to sync with Strava. If you are not in one of the approved regions you will not be able to sync to Strava

•  Europe
  • Latin America
  • Asia Pacific
  • Africa

3. If you have linked Huawei to Strava please open the Huawei Health app by going to Me > Privacy management > Data syncing Management and make sure you have enabled the following settings.

• Sync profile to cloud 
  • Sync fitness data to Cloud
  • Sync health data to Cloud

4. If you do not see the sync options noted in Step 3, please reach out to the Huawei support team.

• If after confirming the above steps you are still unable to sync activities please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Huawei Health app. Once reinstalled you may need to reconnect Huawei to Strava.

Finally, if your activities are still not syncing to Strava, please reach out to the Huawei support team for further assistance: https://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team