cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Galaxy watch 4 map

An3
Mt. Kenya

When starting my run on my watch 4, it doesnt find a location (not even after 10 minutes!). Location works with health and maps. All settings are "allowed" and have reset both watch and phone, deleted and added strava multiple times.  No map, never. Been at this for hours. (Health is not tracking run while strava is used, it does however count my steps, not the location).

(Note: i really do want this to work on the watch as i start it on my Phone, i dont have a heart rate)

Thank you for your respons!

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @An3 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear there's a problem.  Let's have you try a reinstall of the App:

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. Unfortunately, this means any unsynced activities will be discarded.

Google Play Store:

Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hello Jane

No we have tried it before. Both on the watch and Phone. Done multiple reinstallments and updates. 

Hi @An3 

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear a reinstall hasn't helped.  I'm going to escalate this to our Support Team so someone can work directly with you to troubleshoot.  Please be patient and someone will get in touch with you soon.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team