cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth hearth rate monitor for phone app

N0m0nkey
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,

I'm looking for a BT HR chest strap that definitely works with the Strava android app on a phone (Galaxy S10).

I tried googling, but only found things that don't work (Garmin HR Dual, Polar H9).

I only take my phone running and just want to register my hr in my workouts.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @N0m0nkey 

Thanks for your post and we're happy to hear you're interested in recording and syncing your HR data to Strava.

As long as the device broadcasts as a heart rate monitor for Bluetooth connections, it should be discoverable when you open the heart rate screen on the Mobile App. However, due to the vast number of Bluetooth heart rate monitor devices, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of each device. Most popular Bluetooth heart rate monitors from brands like Polar, Garmin, and Wahoo should be compatible.

Before getting started, please be sure that you’ve enabled Bluetooth functionality on your mobile device and that you have disconnected your heart rate monitor from other services such as Garmin Connect or Wahoo Fitness. Usually, Bluetooth devices such as heart monitors can only be connected to a single service at a time.

You can learn more about pairing a Bluetooth device on our support page here

Once you begin recording heart rate data, I would encourage you to check out our relative effort feature.  More details here

Let us know if you have further questions and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @N0m0nkey 

Thanks for your post and we're happy to hear you're interested in recording and syncing your HR data to Strava.

As long as the device broadcasts as a heart rate monitor for Bluetooth connections, it should be discoverable when you open the heart rate screen on the Mobile App. However, due to the vast number of Bluetooth heart rate monitor devices, we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of each device. Most popular Bluetooth heart rate monitors from brands like Polar, Garmin, and Wahoo should be compatible.

Before getting started, please be sure that you’ve enabled Bluetooth functionality on your mobile device and that you have disconnected your heart rate monitor from other services such as Garmin Connect or Wahoo Fitness. Usually, Bluetooth devices such as heart monitors can only be connected to a single service at a time.

You can learn more about pairing a Bluetooth device on our support page here

Once you begin recording heart rate data, I would encourage you to check out our relative effort feature.  More details here

Let us know if you have further questions and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings