cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit walk not syncing to strava

Nean83
Mt. Kenya

Hi have been fitbit/strava user for years, my walks are not syncing into strava (runs and biking are ok) I'm sure its just a box I tick but can't find anything. I've reset connection and logged in and out etc, anybody got any ideas please ? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Nean83
Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble syncing your walks over to Strava. Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us.

Fitbit normally recommends the following in troubleshooting syncing issues:

1. Try reconnecting your accounts, syncing your Fitbit tracker, and waiting an hour.
  2. Confirm that you are not recording a duplicate exercise in the Strava app and Fitbit app/device simultaneously.
  3. Confirm that you are recording a GPS exercise if using Fitbit (only exercises with GPS on Fitbit will be sent to Strava).
  4. Confirm that you recorded a new exercise after connecting your accounts (previous exercises won’t be uploaded). Athletes can use the TCX export from Fitbit to upload older exercises manually.

Scout_0-1717955307550.png

To upload the file exported from Fitbit to your Strava account, please click here:

If this doesn't work, we suggest reaching out to Fitbit directly since this is an issue on their end that we cannot look into. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Nean83
Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble syncing your walks over to Strava. Fitbit syncing issues are unfortunately something we do not have visibility into. Fitbit actually pushes activities to Strava and if there is an activity on Strava that's not on Fitbit, Fitbit pulls the activity from us.

Fitbit normally recommends the following in troubleshooting syncing issues:

1. Try reconnecting your accounts, syncing your Fitbit tracker, and waiting an hour.
  2. Confirm that you are not recording a duplicate exercise in the Strava app and Fitbit app/device simultaneously.
  3. Confirm that you are recording a GPS exercise if using Fitbit (only exercises with GPS on Fitbit will be sent to Strava).
  4. Confirm that you recorded a new exercise after connecting your accounts (previous exercises won’t be uploaded). Athletes can use the TCX export from Fitbit to upload older exercises manually.

Scout_0-1717955307550.png

To upload the file exported from Fitbit to your Strava account, please click here:

If this doesn't work, we suggest reaching out to Fitbit directly since this is an issue on their end that we cannot look into. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team