cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Galaxy Watch 6 Time

SosBoss
Shkhara

Picked up a Galaxy Watch 6, and when starting my weight training the watch would record my Heartrate, but not my elapsed time. I also had it randomly finish my workout, but it showed the elapsed time on the finished post. When im not viewing the workout on my watch it records the time, once i view the workout on my watch the time goes down to 00:00.

I previously owned a watch 4 to track my weight workouts, and never had a problem. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SosBoss
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can work with you to get this figured out. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Thank you, i had the support team each out and was able to resolve the problem. For anyone who runs across this post here was the solution.

"If you are attempting to record an indoor activity without recording an outdoor activity with GPS first this error will occur."

So just start a outdoor activity with gps first, accept the gps permission and then end the activity, once u start a indoor activity itll record normaly. Once you do this once you wont have to it again. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SosBoss
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can work with you to get this figured out. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thank you, i had the support team each out and was able to resolve the problem. For anyone who runs across this post here was the solution.

"If you are attempting to record an indoor activity without recording an outdoor activity with GPS first this error will occur."

So just start a outdoor activity with gps first, accept the gps permission and then end the activity, once u start a indoor activity itll record normaly. Once you do this once you wont have to it again. 

This fixed it for me.

Many Thanks

Mike

@SosBoss
Thank you for posting the solution!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

MrSPV
Shkhara

Does it behave like in the video I've attached to my post....?

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/devices-and-connections/another-new-problem-on-galaxy-watch-4/td-...

Mike

Exactly the same. I had a Galaxy Watch 4 before the 6 and never had this problem before.

SosBoss
Shkhara

Anyone? Ive reset and reinstalles the app multiple times.