cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garmin to Strava Data Issue/Query

foolsgold
Mt. Kenya

I did a run this morning and used my Forerunner 245 to track the run. The run involved some walking and some stopping but my run uploaded to Strava and took the "Moving Time" time/pace and splits. I had to change the activity type to "Race" in Strava to show the Elapsed Time, correct pace and correct splits that were shown in Garmin Connect - if that makes sense 🙂

A couple of others who I ran with who also use Garmin devices had their runs uploaded to Strava and it shows the data as per Garmin and they hadn't changed their activity to "Race" in Strava. 

Is there a setting in Garmin and/or Strava that transfers and shows the total data without me having to change the activity to "Race" in Strava? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @foolsgold 

Thanks for posting about this.  Please review this information for how we calculate moving time on Strava.  Generally, we calculate both moving time and elapsed time, but your pace is calculated based on moving time unless you set the activity to a Race.

Split times are also calculated using moving time, not elapsed time, unless the activity type is marked as Race. When an activity is marked as a Race, the elapsed time is used to calculate splits.

Please let us know if you have more questions - we're happy to help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @foolsgold 

Thanks for posting about this.  Please review this information for how we calculate moving time on Strava.  Generally, we calculate both moving time and elapsed time, but your pace is calculated based on moving time unless you set the activity to a Race.

Split times are also calculated using moving time, not elapsed time, unless the activity type is marked as Race. When an activity is marked as a Race, the elapsed time is used to calculate splits.

Please let us know if you have more questions - we're happy to help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings