cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Google Pixel Watch 2 - Issue with data saved.

VincentFR
Shkhara

It is a recurring issue since using the Google Pixel Watch 2 during runs. 

After a couple of minutes (15/20), data stops being saved in my activity. 

During my run, everything seems fine and data is correctly displayed on the watch (Heart rate, pace, kilometers) but once done, it looks like data is not saved to the activity. 

It has happened multiple times, and this morning, close to 10k was not saved in my activity. 

Weird thing is that final distance and pace seems accurate, but the map and heart rate tracking are way off. 

Link to my activity is here if needed : https://www.strava.com/activities/10398148968

I read that it's due to conflicts with Fitbit that tries to auto-save the activity after a certain time so I deactivated the auto-save function, but the issue is still happening. 

strava.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

KMP
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue

VincentFR
Shkhara

3 months after raising this issue to Support, still no fix. I managed to get a refund from my membership since Strava is obviously not delivering on their promise. 

This morning, my activity was not synced properly. Lost 3 thirds of data. Will switch provider after my marathon training is over because at this point, it's unusable. 

Very very very disappointed by the whole experience. 

VincentFR
Shkhara

Close to a month after this post, issue has still not been fixed. 

All my activities now have issues. Customer support asked me to switch my watch on plane mode in the meantime, still not working. 

Very disappointing to see such poor consideration for major issues affecting numerous users. This issue was first raised after October, 15th 2023 update on several channels. 3 months later, still nothing. 

Time to switch to a more reliable app I guess. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @VincentFR 

Thanks for letting us know and sorry to issue persists.  We're currently investigating a potential problem with auto pause on Pixel watches running the Wear OS3 App.  I've escalated this request to our Strava Support Team so they can get more information from you and work with you directly to investigate and troubleshoot.  Thank you for your patience.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @VincentFR 

Sorry to hear of the issue on your Pixel Watch.

Please go ahead and delete the Strava application from your watch. Power your device off for 10 seconds, turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application. 

Google Play Store:

Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming

How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Please let me know if this doesn't help and thank you very much for your patience.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane, 

I've done this a couple of times in the past. It has not resolved the issue.

Thanks,