cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS problem speed and distance driven.

Buurman
Shkhara

For about three weeks now, the indicated speeds and distance driven are no longer correct. I never had that problem before. (Samsung A 32)
That's why I think it's not due to the calibration of my Samsung.
It's strange that the location and the route driven are correct.
After reinstalling Strava, the problem has not been solved.

In the Google Maps navigation app I don't get any deviations when I use that app in the car

Who can make me wiser?

7 REPLIES 7

revstrava
Mt. Kenya

I have rebooted, changed settings, charged the phone, restarted the app etc. No help. 

It does seem to be a bit better ... I have done >180km last week, and a small number of trips were heavily impacted. Most trips have some jagged GPS reporting. 

Maps and Waze both report accurate GPS information and tracks, so the issue is likely Strata specific.

I opened another post r this issue, and have had no responses from Strava.

Buurman
Shkhara

Before I wrote my first message I restarted my phone once. That made no difference.

After my last message I turned the phone off once. Only after about 15 minutes I turned it on. After that the problem was solved and has not returned to date.

So my problem was not due to the app.

revstrava
Mt. Kenya

Hi there. 

Hyself, and several other riders in Australia have noticed that over the last few weeks the GPS signal is very intermittent ... in places it will jump several tens or hundreds of metres, adding significantly to the distance (and increasing the average speed).

I have been using Strava for over 5 years, frequently with daily rides of > 10km. I have never had this issue.

My friend, from a city approx 100km away is also having the same issue.

Both of us are Android users, I have a Pixel 7a and my friend has a recent Samsung. So the issue is not old or strange Android devices. 

Jan_Mantau
Superuser
Superuser

How much to high? Without knowing exact figures it could even be completely normal to see addional distances due to unsmoothed gps drifting.

Buurman
Shkhara

The average speed and distance driven are displayed too high.
The moving time is correct.

Jan_Mantau
Superuser
Superuser

Can you elaborate "not correct" a bit? What is the deviation?

I had already written that the deviation only recently occurred.
I have been using the app for years without any problems.

The deviation now (each ride) is more than a little bit, which is common.