cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate not recorded on galaxy watch when activity is recorded from mobile

Shobit
Mt. Kenya

I have installed and given all the required permissions to strava app on mobile as well as on my galaxy watch 4 classic.

When I start recording from the watch, everything works fine and gets synced with mobile when the activity is over.

But when I start recording from my mobile (so that I can see the route while I am on my bike), heart rate data is not recorded from the watch.

Also, on the record screen of mobile app, watch is not shown under the available sensors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Shobit
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay. During a recording, the Android phone and Wear OS Watch apps behave independently. Activity stats will not appear on your phone if you're recording with the Strava Wear OS watch app and vice versa.

If you'd like to include the heart rate data from your Wear OS device for your Strava activity, you would need to record the activity only on the Wear OS application.

If you'd like to connect a heart rate sensor to your phone for recording, you can find information on our support article here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Shobit
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay. During a recording, the Android phone and Wear OS Watch apps behave independently. Activity stats will not appear on your phone if you're recording with the Strava Wear OS watch app and vice versa.

If you'd like to include the heart rate data from your Wear OS device for your Strava activity, you would need to record the activity only on the Wear OS application.

If you'd like to connect a heart rate sensor to your phone for recording, you can find information on our support article here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team