cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to customize the list of sports that is displayed on my watch?

Banosjo
Shkhara

Hello,

Is there a way to customize the list of sports to choose from when we start a new activity? When I want to select a sport on my watch, I see a whole bunch of sports I don't practice (for instance, skateboard or Alpin skiing). I would like to see only the ones I practice (4 or 5).

Thanks!

Jo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Banosjo 

You can submit this idea to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote and comment on it.   We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Geraldine
Mt. Kenya

I agree this would be very helpful. The list is supposed to update with list commonly selected sports listed first, but that hasn’t happened for me and I’d prefer to delete activities I’ll never use 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Banosjo 

Thanks for getting back to us.  On the Apple Watch App, the activity list cannot be edited manually.  However as you record more activities, the Watch App will use your previously most selected/used sport types and list those first in the list of all available sport types.   I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Is it possible to add in a future release the possibility to manually edit the activity list? How can I share this idea with the developers? Thanks 🙂

Hello @Banosjo 

You can submit this idea to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote and comment on it.   We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Banosjo 

Thanks for your post!  Could you reply and let us know which watch you're using to record?  If you're using the Strava App for Apple Watch you can set your Sport type in your settings.  See instructions here.  

Jane (she/her)

I'm using an Apple Watch. I didn't see in your instructions link the way to select the activities I want to see in the drop down list when I want to start a new activity. I currently have 50 activities to choose from and I only practice 2 or 3 of them. I would like to see only them in the drop down list.