cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Indoor ride uploads are corrupt?

matt_thomas
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,

I have been having an issue with uploading activities which I have recorded on my Wahoo Elemnt which are stationary indoor rides. The Elemnt file is fine, showing the correct duration of the activity and the accompanying power and hr data. The file aslo uploads to TrainingPeaks fine, correct duration with power an hr data. The issue is that when the activity uploads to Strava, Strava only displays around 15 minutes on a 1 hour ride, and all my intervals are missing or incomplete. I am immagining this is Strava viewing the file and cutting out sections of the ride where the GPS data from the Elemnt shows no movement, however I have no idea how to get Strava to stop being "clever".

Does anyone have any experience with resolving this issue?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

For those who have a similar issue, this is what our support team found: 

Looks like your Wahoo device was originally set to record GPS data while training indoors. Because of this, our system only read those initial GPS data points. We are aware of the issue and are working on resolving this as soon as possible. In the meantime, please ensure that you set your device to record indoors before starting the recording. Otherwise, please restart a new recording with the proper settings to ensure the correct distance is calculated.

However, in the meantime, you can manually correct your activity by using Fit File Tools. You can try either Field Stripper or Section Remover to remove the location data or crop the activity to where the GPS stops updating: https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/remover#view

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

For those who have a similar issue, this is what our support team found: 

Looks like your Wahoo device was originally set to record GPS data while training indoors. Because of this, our system only read those initial GPS data points. We are aware of the issue and are working on resolving this as soon as possible. In the meantime, please ensure that you set your device to record indoors before starting the recording. Otherwise, please restart a new recording with the proper settings to ensure the correct distance is calculated.

However, in the meantime, you can manually correct your activity by using Fit File Tools. You can try either Field Stripper or Section Remover to remove the location data or crop the activity to where the GPS stops updating: https://www.fitfiletools.com/#/remover#view

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @matt_thomas

Thanks for reaching out. We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can take a look at your account and see what's going on. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings