cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[KNOWN ISSUE] Some Peloton activities no longer syncing from Peloton App to Strava

jeffu
Mt. Kenya

UPDATE FROM STRAVA:  

We are aware of this issue, and are working with Peloton to hopefully resolve this issue going forward.   The workaround in the meantime would be to enter the missed activity manually on Strava.

Not sure where to report this - I put a note up on Reddit and I'm not the only one having this issue.  If you use the Peloton App (I was traveling and using at a Hotel Gym) any classes will usually sync with Strava - for some reason any of the Walk/Run classes will no longer sync to Strava.  You can take a cycling class, a yoga class, a stretch class, anything else - they all sync fine, but the Run/Walk classes no longer sync.

29 REPLIES 29

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Holte_Ender and everyone else who has commented here.

I've checked with my Team and this issue is still outstanding.  We have reached out to Peloton and hope to hear back soon.  I have added your comments to the open bug report in our system.  

Sincere apologies for the issue and we ask for your patience.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Adding to this, my “just walk” “just yoga” etc open workouts used to sync just fine. Now not only do they not sync, months worth of those workouts are gone from my strava profile. 

Hello @MomOf4ga 

Sorry to hear this.  It sounds like you are experiencing a different issue than the Peloton App issue we are already working on.

Can you please submit a support ticket ?  Someone from our Support Team will be able to troubleshoot with you directly.  Thanks very much.  

Jane (she/her)

Hello Jane, my maps from open runs via the Peloton app are not importaing to strava. It shows the run time and distance, but the map, elevation, and personal bests are not showing up. Is this the same issue? I've tried reaching out to support and have not heard back. I am almost done with the trial period and sort of wanting to hear about this before deciding to pay for the app. Maybe this isn't something Strava does? Wanted to see if its an actual issue or just not a feature offered. Thank you! 

donniejeffcoat
Shkhara

I'm having the exact same issue. Any update on a fix?

Holte_Ender
Shkhara

Have had this exact issue for about 2-3 months. I am glad it is not just me!! Same thing, no run classes will upload but everything else will. Feedback initially has been "too many data points" but no resolution. Hopefully a fix soon! 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @jeffu 

Thanks for reporting this.  We are aware of this issue, and are working with Peloton to hopefully resolve this issue going forward.   The workaround in the meantime would be to enter the missed activity manually on Strava.

Apologies and please let me know if you have any questions.

Jane (she/her)

Jane, have Peloton even acknowledged your message? Should we assume this will never get fixed because Peloton has such horrible support?

Hi Jane - is there any update on this as this has now been an issue for months and still really frustrating runs are not posting straight to Strava from Peleton. Many thanks 

Honestly it’s one of the reasons I pay for this service I sort of wish I hadn’t.