cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPS NOT IMPORTING FROM APPLE HEALTH

MarkCribb
Mt. Kenya

Hi, when I import an activity from Apple 'health' into strava my route or maps are not importing. These are originally recorded in the workout app of Apple Watch Ultra. Just the basic info such as distance / time / duration etc is coming across fine, so the accounts are linked ok.  I cannot see if there is anything in permissions etc that affects specifically the route / mapping data.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but any advice appreciated.  Thanks 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @MarkCribb 

Thanks for posting about this.

• This may be due to missing permissions for reading and writing routes.
  • Verify this via: Settings iOS app > Health > Data Access & Devices > Strava (Please make sure that Strava has access to read/write Workout Routes)

Please review our Apple Watch FAQ for more information and let me know if that's helpful!  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Shaner100
Mt. Kenya

I have all the settings opened up as recommended and tried recording my ride yesterday (with the new Apple cycling workout) but the map and segments didn't come across to Strava....I may just continue to record directly on Strava on my watch

Maarten
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem, so i'm hoping this is THE solution.

(Using Apple Watch Ultra and iPhone 12)

Using Strava didn't feed the activity app......(so i'm missing work outs in the overview)

Using the Work Out app didn't feed Strava with route information......(so i'm missing the map and zooming in on the map)

Hopefully does it work so i only has to choose which data i want to see on my wrist....😉

The Apple Work out app does give some more info about average speed en height......

Thanks a lot

Maarten

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @MarkCribb 

Thanks for posting about this.

• This may be due to missing permissions for reading and writing routes.
  • Verify this via: Settings iOS app > Health > Data Access & Devices > Strava (Please make sure that Strava has access to read/write Workout Routes)

Please review our Apple Watch FAQ for more information and let me know if that's helpful!  

Jane (she/her)

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue but all the permissions are set correctly. Only part of the data is being exported from Strava to Health. What can I do?

Hello @AndreT 

Please try the following:

Opening the Strava app, go to the You tab and pull down to refresh. Then scroll down through the "Activities" feed to view past activities, which allows that data to be pulled from the Strava servers and passed into the Health app.

If that doesn't sync your activities, please

Navigate to YoutabSettings (gear icon) > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health and toggle Send to Health OFF then back to ON
  • Next, refresh the "Activities" feed once more, as outlined above

If neither of those resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket and Strava Support will get in touch.

Jane (she/her)

Hello @Jane 

Your tip was the solution for my problem, setting the permissions made it possible that Strava can write to the Apple Work Out app and Vice Versa.
I'm now just playing with the settings to prevent that every walk ends up on Strava (the regular dog walks three times a day) to prevent that everybody gets annoyed/bored with all the walks which are the same 😉

Thanks for the help and tips

Maarten

Thanks Jane, I think that's done the trick. Figured it would be something reasonably simple. Appreciated 🙏

Hi again @MarkCribb 

Great - thanks for letting us know that resolved this issue!  Would you mind marking the answer as an accepted solution?  That will help others who come to the Community Hub with the same problem benefit from your question.  Thanks so much.

Jane (she/her)