cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Moving time updates when you correct distance

goddard_nathan
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Does anyone understand why when you use the 'Correct Distance' feature after posting an activity, it also updates your moving time? I use stryd for running which usually cuts off a bit of distance, but when I correct it my moving time and also average pace also changes. Surely this shouldnt happen, moving time should stay static?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Yes, 15 minutes is a lot.  I've escalated your post to Strava Support to look into this for you.  You can expect an email back from them.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Thanks for posting about this.  Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.  Because we are using a different set of recorded data to create your activity, moving time, pace, and elapsed time may all be a bit different.

You can read more about exactly how we do our calculations here. I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Hi,

Would switching to go's alter the moving time by 15mins? Seems like a big jump? I could understand a few seconds but 15mins is alot

Hello @goddard_nathan 

Yes, 15 minutes is a lot.  I've escalated your post to Strava Support to look into this for you.  You can expect an email back from them.

Jane (she/her)

I'm having a similar issue. How can I get this resolved? I recorded a run yesterday and the distance came up about 2 miles short. I corrected the distance, but then the moving time changed from 1 hour 6 minutes to 31:59.

Hello @TaraEmily 

Sorry to hear there's a problem. Based on what you're describing, it it sounds likely we don't have accurate recorded data to correctly display your activity.  If you want someone to take a look you can submit a support ticket to Strava Support and someone will get in touch to assist you.  

Jane (she/her)

Hello

Are there any updates on this?

I have the issue that when I use my Garmin watch for swiming, the distance comes up short (1577m vs 2242m). Using the "correct distance" features restores the real distance however it reduced the activity time from 64min to a 8min which gives a weird pace. It would be great if there was an option to keep the time of the activity when correcting the distance or to enter it manually afterwards. 

Thanks in advance, 

Till 

I have encountered the same problem today, having completed the Swim Serpentine event in London. Distance was incorrectly showing as 2,745 metres instead of 3,440 metres. However, when using the 'correct distance' feature, the distance correctly changes to 3,440 metres, but my moving time drops from 1hr 37mins to 22mins! A drop of 1hr and 15 mins!! What is going on here Strava??

I observed the same for my swims, the correct distance feature is useless with the current weird assumption that every gps gap means a pause.

Did this get fixed? I have the same issue. I want to correct distance but obviously not the moving time, which also gets adjusted