cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for indoor or outdoor swim.

Kinglou1975
Shkhara

Hello. I just joined Strava and I’m enjoying. I decided to do a longer swim this evening and discovered I had no option for meter/lapped swim. I only see “swim” no indoor or outdoor, also can’t see a way to input the length of the pool like it says online. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kinglou1975 

Thanks for letting us know.  The Strava Apple Watch App doesn't have multiple swim recording options, and it only records elapsed time and heart rate data for swims.  For best results we recommend recording swims using the native Apple Workout app instead.

More information on Apple Watch and Strava

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kinglou1975 

Thanks for letting us know.  The Strava Apple Watch App doesn't have multiple swim recording options, and it only records elapsed time and heart rate data for swims.  For best results we recommend recording swims using the native Apple Workout app instead.

More information on Apple Watch and Strava

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Thank you for the response. Will the Apple Watch then relay my swim info to strava and log it?

Hello @Kinglou1975 

Yes, you can sync that data to Strava.  Please refer to instructions here.  

Jane (she/her)

Kinglou1975
Shkhara

I am using the Strava app on my watch. Also in the iPhone app it does not display any other types of swim. It’s just labeled “swim”

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Kinglou1975 

Thanks for posting about this.  Could you let us know what device or App you're using to record your swims?  Thanks.

Jane (she/her)

I am using my Apple Watch.