cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace wrong (not realistic) - 1s/400m - Apple Watch Ultra

cadegglo
Mt. Kenya

hello, 

so I was scrolling through my Strava monthly review this morning and noticed that it had a new PR in the 400m. As I went to check it showed me an apparent 1s 400m segment. This pace is completely unrealistic though. As I went to check I noticed several more completely unrealistic PRs. How does Strava get the pace so wrong? Does anybody else have this issue? 
(using an Apple Watch Ultra) 

any help would be greatly appreciated 🙃
IMG_0391.png

IMG_0392.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zecanard
Superuser
Superuser

I have a lot of these also, caused either by bad GPS, or old activities imported from other apps.

Tap the  button to expand the offending activity, and if you’re a subscriber, you can exclude it from Best Efforts calculations, or enter the correct time for that distance:

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 19.46.31.png

Strava should just make it easy, and apply their leaderboard algorithm to best efforts as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jana_S
Elbrus

Hi, when doing a "cleanup" in my unrealistic "best efforts", the Correct Distance feature helped quite a lot - I didn't have to exclude most of these efforts, as the distance recalculation triggered by that feature fixed the pace as well. 

Note, it's only available on the Strava website (you need to open the particular activity there), not in the mobile app. 

IMG_0589.jpeg

zecanard
Superuser
Superuser

I have a lot of these also, caused either by bad GPS, or old activities imported from other apps.

Tap the  button to expand the offending activity, and if you’re a subscriber, you can exclude it from Best Efforts calculations, or enter the correct time for that distance:

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 19.46.31.png

Strava should just make it easy, and apply their leaderboard algorithm to best efforts as well.

anchskier
Denali

Did you go check the specific activities that those PR's came from?  you can click on each of the PRs and see the activity they are coming from.  It might be a single file that you have that has bad GPS data.  If your GPS signal was poor, it could result in those anomalies.  Sometimes you can just delete the activity if it isn't correct or you can crop out the bad part of it if it is right at the start or end.  I see a lot of these in other people's files where they recorded an indoor activity but left their GPS active.