cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Activity Stuck

Harriet3003
Mt. Kenya

Hi - My recent 5km run has got stuck and says "Processing activity" - I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting ideas and I really want it to work 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 all, 
Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems syncing an activity to Strava. Please try the troubleshooting steps below: 

If you have a failed or missing upload, please follow the instructions below:

iPhone Uploads: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919037

1. Can you can pull the feed screen down and then release it to refresh the view and attempt a re-sync? 
  2. Try signing out and back in to the Strava app - or restarting your phone. Do not delete the application as this will delete any pending uploads
  3. If the upload continues to fail, you can pull down on your feed only SLIGHTLY to show your New Activities as shown below center - tap 'You have X new activities' to view them. Note that if you pull down too far you'll trigger an attempt to resync the stuck activity.
  4. If you see no pending uploads, see if recording a new activity and saving pushes any stuck activities to your account.

If this doesn't work, the activity may be corrupt and will be unable to upload. In this case you'll need to remove the failed upload:

1. Pull down on the 'you' feed slightly (but not all the way!) as if you were going to refresh.
  2. This reveals 'You have 1 new activity." Click on this and you will be taken to the 'Unsynced Activities' page.
  3. From here you can swipe the activity to reveal the delete button.
  4. Click to delete.

If you see any error messages, please take a screen shot and submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. Also please include the file if possible that is producing the error message or is not uploading so a support team member can further investigate.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Chris_r17
Mt. Kenya

This has happened to me twice in the last week.  Activity stuck in “Processing activity” and never loads.  Run.  Is. Gone.  

Wanna charge the big bucks, gotta fix this stuff.  

it’s been stuck for a half hour.  None of these steps worked.  

juiceyP00
Mt. Kenya

Yea ,ima little

frustrated I’m a paid subscriber this is unacceptable charging me for nuthing I might as well pull out my **bleep** pen and paper what the **bleep** it should work always  otherwise I shouldn’t pay in the future and for time down money should be refunded that’s stealing taking my money promising me something shame on you strava developers get your head out your asses 

JPayne
Mt. Kenya

Same issue....processing activity has been stuck and another activity afterwards uploaded immediately. The activity shows in Applications, I've re-imported, turned phone off and on it's not processing.  How do you delete import and re-import?

I’m having this problem for the first time right now and saw ur comment is from minutes ago… hopefully it’s just their server down at the moment

youre right mate

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 all, 
Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems syncing an activity to Strava. Please try the troubleshooting steps below: 

If you have a failed or missing upload, please follow the instructions below:

iPhone Uploads: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919037

1. Can you can pull the feed screen down and then release it to refresh the view and attempt a re-sync? 
  2. Try signing out and back in to the Strava app - or restarting your phone. Do not delete the application as this will delete any pending uploads
  3. If the upload continues to fail, you can pull down on your feed only SLIGHTLY to show your New Activities as shown below center - tap 'You have X new activities' to view them. Note that if you pull down too far you'll trigger an attempt to resync the stuck activity.
  4. If you see no pending uploads, see if recording a new activity and saving pushes any stuck activities to your account.

If this doesn't work, the activity may be corrupt and will be unable to upload. In this case you'll need to remove the failed upload:

1. Pull down on the 'you' feed slightly (but not all the way!) as if you were going to refresh.
  2. This reveals 'You have 1 new activity." Click on this and you will be taken to the 'Unsynced Activities' page.
  3. From here you can swipe the activity to reveal the delete button.
  4. Click to delete.

If you see any error messages, please take a screen shot and submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. Also please include the file if possible that is producing the error message or is not uploading so a support team member can further investigate.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Not working !! Any other good apps to replace this Sh

Same. I have days of activities not uploading, and the solution does not work (it does not show "You have 1 new activity"... just "Processing Activity". Agreed, I will consider ending my subscription if this continues.

Nickson
Mt. Kenya

I have same the problem.