cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Apple Fitness+ workouts don’t sync

KeithTom1974
Mt. Kenya

Randomly my Apple Fitness+ workouts don’t sync to Strava. 

This morning my walk did sync but my afternoon cycle class did not. 

Wednesday my walk did not sync but my cycle class did. 
I have toggled the settings between Strava and the Health settings but this persists. 

What could be causing this?

Is there any way to upload individual workouts from Apple Fitness+ to Strava so I don’t lose all my workout data (rather than having to input them manually)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @KeithTom1974
Sorry to hear this didn't work. I'm going to send this over to our support team so they can take a look at your account and see what's going on.

@PH_Roadie, If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @KeithTom1974 & @PH_Roadie
Thanks for your posts. If you did not have sufficient reception during the time of saving the activity, that may cause issues with syncing once saved. In this case you can try to force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device. 

Press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

I hope this information helps point you towards successful uploads. If this does not help and you would like us to take a closer look at your account, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I have the same problem- most of my workouts  upload but randomly some don’t. Same source: Apple Watch Fitness App. Health contains the info

hey @Wellsy66
Thanks for your post and sorry for the trouble. To force a sync of an activity that was recorded using the Strava Apple Watch app, go to the Strava Watch app settings (swipe right when you're on the Sport picker screen) then select "unsynced". Next, select the activity you want to sync then press sync. With the Strava Watch app open, please open the Strava iPhone app go to

• You Tab
  • Activities header
  • Pull down to refresh your activities

If you're still having issues, please send us a screenshot of the unsynced activities from the Strava Watch app to support@strava.zendesk.com 

Screenshot - iPhone: https://support.apple.com
Screenshot - Apple Computer: https://support.apple.com
Screenshot - Apple Watch: https://support.apple.com

Our support team can work with you to try to resolve any issues. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Hi this does not help as I don’t use the Strava watch app to track the walk.  
The activity is tracked via Fitness+ and then synced with Strava. 

Hey @KeithTom1974
You can try deleting and reinstalling the Strava app, as well as the Fitness+ app to see if this helps resolve the issue. Our recommended steps to remove the Strava app from your device are below:

1. Delete the Strava application from your phone
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. Turn your phone back on
4. Reinstall the Strava application 

Note: You will not lose any data if you do this since all data is stored on the Strava servers.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Apple App Store:
Strava: Run, Ride, Swim
How to update your apps on Apple: Support - Apple

If this does not help and you would like us to take a closer look at your account, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Reinstalling the apps has made the situation worse.  Now Strava does not see any of my workout activity.  

Hey @KeithTom1974
Sorry to hear this didn't work. I'm going to send this over to our support team so they can take a look at your account and see what's going on.

@PH_Roadie, If you are still having issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

PH_Roadie
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem 

KeithTom1974
Mt. Kenya

Note that the workouts always sync with Gentler Streak.  The issue only happens with syncing to Strava.  All the settings are the same.