cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

Janu
Shkhara

I have same problem, what I do is: disconnect blutooth then activate wifi connection, then re-sync again, let the watch connect directly to the internet via wifi

Hey @Janu,
Thanks for your post. We have not had reports of this still being an issue. If you are experiencing any similar issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Fanny
Mt. Kenya

Not working for me as well, I have the message "Sync failed 42". 

I uninstall the app from watch and try to log again, but impossible to log again. I lost my data information from sy saturday run.... 

Hello @Fanny 

This issue should be resolved.  If you're still having troubles, please submit a support ticket and someone from our Support Team will be in touch to troubleshoot with you.  Thanks.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)

bart1964
Mt. Kenya

I just verified: sync is working again for me.

https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ is also working again

For me the problem is now solved

SebastienH
Shkhara

Hello, sync always failed (42) this morning for me 😞

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active

Should I do something?

uninstall / install ?

HalfOctave
Shkhara

@Jane @Scout , now when the service is back up, is there any way that I can logout from my watch? I had removed my watch as linked device on Strava app but watch is still tied to account.

I don’t want to uninstall as I’ll lose unsynced activites. I just want to logout from watch and relink everything from beginning without uninstalling.