cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Thanks Jane and Scott for your replies. I can see that the link is backup and running. 
I’ve just added one question to Jane’s yesterday’s post and will close this thread once I get reply.

Thanks again.

Thx, it is working now.

DiBouli
Mt. Kenya

It works again!! Yeah!🥳

Daryl_B
Shkhara

I have now been able to connect. Yay.

Dave8826
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone! I have the same problem, it's impossible to sync galaxy watch 2 with Android app strava, the app show me error 42 or error 99.

And the battery goes down in one day...

I hope you solve this problem quickly!

best regard!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello! 

Thanks to everyone who has posted and sincere apologies for the continued issue.  We are working with Samsung to investigate, but at this time we don't have an estimated time of resolution. 

In the meantime, we recommend recording your activities with the native Samsung Health App on your watch, and syncing those activities to Strava.  Instructions for connecting Samsung Health to Strava are here.  Please note that only activities recorded with GPS data will sync to Strava. 

We appreciate your continued patience with this and we will post updates here when we know more. 

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane, 

Hopefully sync will now work, I uninstalled and installed strava on my watch to try and fix the issue so I lost a few activities.  I now notice the bevel wheel on samsung watches is no longer working on latest strava for samsung?

Hi Jane, thank you for your reply. I can see the service is back up and running.

Just on this message of yours, unless I am missing something I don’t see any option of connecting Samsung Health to Strava on my iOS iPhone. Or there is some hidden setting that I have not discovered? 🤔😊

I also can't link my Samsung health to strava on my iphone. When I try to connect this morning, this is the message I receive.

image.jpg

Hi Jane, any updates please?

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings