cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

Thanks for the info Jane. I followed the instructions to delete and reinstall the app. Will I have lost the data it captured? 

I also got the dreaded "straight line" on a 25k bike ride when trying to use my phone after the watch didn't sync. What I mean is, my Samsung S22 app didn't sync properly either. Are the issues related? 

Same same here since October 10: No syncing with Galaxy Watch 3 possible - before it was working perfectly the last 3 years. Very frustrating.

Im having this same sync issue and battery drain since monday. Is there a fix for this yet? Its been 4 days and stil no resolution!

Hello, I thought it was my watch´s or phone´s issue, but i read this problem started two days ago, same time I could not upload my trainning.

Please let me know when the issue is solved.

Beste

Op welke termijn kan dit terug in orde zijn.

Hier heb ik hetzelfde probleem en ik heb zelfs de app van mijn samsungwatch gewist maar kan hem nu niet terug installeren omdat ik de 4 cijferige code nodig heb. Voor deze code wordt ik verwezen naar de website watch.samsung.strava.com maar ik krijg dan ook "internal server error" Dus nu ben ik alles kwijt of kan ik op een andere manier strava terug op mijn watch krijgen? Graag spoedig een oplossing.

TRANSLATION: 
Best

When can this be restored?

Here I have the same problem and I even deleted the app from my samsung watch but now I can't install it back because I need the 4 digit code. For this code I am referred to the website watch.samsung.strava.com, but I also get "internal server error". So now I have lost everything or can I get Strava back on my watch in some other way? Please find a solution soon.

I have this same issue

Thanks for the tip, but I still can't get my data from the Galaxy watch into my Strava profile. It is not possible to transfer data from the watch's Strava app to the Samsung health app

Ian745
Mt. Kenya

I've had the same issue since 9 October 

Seno_Aw
Mt. Kenya

Same problems here

xylevi
Mt. Kenya

Same problem here...

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings