cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

Hi Jane,

thanks.

Can you confirm from the Strava responsible team, when this issue will be resolved and the official version of the issue itself please?

Hi Jane,T

hank you for your inputs. Can you tell us when this problem is expected to be resolved? Subscription to the application is not cheap to be inaccessible.

AngelitaRS
Mt. Kenya

Olá!  estou com o mesmo problema a dois dias, não consigo sincronizar as atividades do relógio para o aplicativo no celular.

topfede84
Mt. Kenya

Hi Guys,

I'm sharing the same issue, is there any solution?

Pw16
Mt. Kenya

I have the same issue, cannot sync my data. I had a very nice intervall session which I cannot access. Hope the data got stored so that I can look at the session once the sync is back....

maxuum9
Mt. Kenya

I am also having the same problem as the others highlighted. Unable to sync workouts started Oct 10th and continues today Oct 11th. Please advise on timing to correct. I try uninstalling the app from my watch and then logging in to get the 4 digit code, the site to retrieve does not work.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello everyone!

Sorry to hear of the issues you are having!  We are currently investigating this. I'll update this thread when I know more. 

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

@Scoutany estimates on when the issue with https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ would be resolved?

Thank you Scout. I have raised this as a support ticket as well and your team has also replied there stating it is under investigation. Thank you for taking the time to post on this forum 🙂

Thank you for your reply moderator. As you can see there are lots of people affected by this outage and honestly everyone is rightly frustrated.

Irony is that this has been ongoing from two days now and the response from team is same. People do expect a better response for a service they are paying for. The least that we can get is commitment to time and date from Strava team to fix this issue.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings