cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Strava Samsung Galaxy Watch sync and logout issue

HalfOctave
Shkhara

Hello, I am using Samsung Galaxy watch (B62B) (Model No. SM-R800) for syncing my Strava activity. It was working almost fine till yesterday until I encountered issue on syncing my morning run from Strava to Strava servers through watch. Little did I realise at that time that it can be something to do with watch.samsung.strava being down and did multiple things to fix and now have landed up in difficult situation. Looking for some assistance now.
Issues:

1. Not being able to sync activities. Getting error: “Sync failed (42)” and sometimes “Sync failed (99)”
2. On reading internet, one of articles suggested going to Strava site and unlinking watch. Did that
3. Now while, Strava site doesn’t know that my watch exists as I unlinked it, the app on my watch is still linked to account and there is no logout option!!! It opens up as before without prompting me to enter 4 digit new code to link again.
4. Now if I try to sync activity, I get “Sync failed (7)”

With all this story, all I am looking for is how to logout Strava app on Samsung Galaxy watch?

I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall again as that will erase the unsynced activity and I don’t want to lose them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

I'm happy to confirm that this issue has been resolved and the Samsung watches should work as expected with Strava.  If you are still having issues, we ask that you submit a support ticket, and someone from Strava Support will be happy to work with you to troubleshoot.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience and we want to sincerely thank you all for your patience.  

Again, if you continue to have any issues with this, please submit a support ticket so we can help you out.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

74 REPLIES 74

The issue is that when the watch stopped syncing most people deleted and reinstalled the app, but this was not the right solution, the issue is an "internal server error", I have attached images, I can no longer even start strava as it wont let me set the 4 digit pin to start the app on my watch, 

I cancelled my strava subscription as I have lost 2 runs, everything worked fine for the last year, then someone updates something and everyone's routines gets messed up, I am going to start using map my run if this isn't sorted in 24 hours, at least that app doesn't do this. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 16.27.40_f4d6e355.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 16.27.50_39c4bdb6.jpg

I bet we don't get a refund on our subscription.

FreT1975
Mt. Kenya

I deleted the app from my Samsung Galaxy S3 because of sync issue.  Website to fetch 4 digit code to reconnect is not working anymore.  Any idea when it will be up and running again?  Hope this will not take too long...

I have the same problem, sync stopped working yesterday and deleted the app from watch and now cannot install again as the watch.samsung.strava.com page is down...

mpswartz22
Mt. Kenya

This has happened to my run this morning. I have tried everything, but can not get it to go through 

DixiSGD
Mt. Kenya

Das gleiche auch bei mir. Da hilft dann nur eine Kündigung der jährlichen Zahlung an Strava! Bitte um ein Statement von Strava! 

Translated for English speaking members:

The same with me too. The only solution is to cancel the annual payment to Strava! Request a statement from Strava!

jgrove
Mt. Kenya

Hello all, I experienced the same issue last night and assumed it was down to a connection issue at my end, but was unable to sync (getting Error 42) either. Mine is a Samsung Watch 3 (5521, model SM-R800) with app version 1.7.24.

There doesn't appear to be a major Strava outage issue according to Downdetector or Strava's Twitter page - https://downdetector.co.uk/status/strava/

I have tried closing the app, syncing via my phone (bluetooth) or direct via connecting to my home WiFi network and cutting my phone out, but still seems to fail. Anyone know if you can pull the data off separately somehow? Or do Strava/Samsung keep that sealed up pretty tight!

ElSchmel
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem. https://watch.samsung.strava.com/ says Internal server error. What can you do about it Strava? @stravamh do you know something?

Sampoulter
Mt. Kenya

Hey HalfOctave you can force stop the app in your galaxy watch app on your phone.  Go to manage apps and click on it in there.  I have had same issue, got annoyed and uninstalled Strava watch face on mine lost a couple of rides with my son I guess as now can’t reinstall as says server down to get four digit code!  Ditching watch and going for garmin as the Strava app on Samsung watch seems way too glitchy and to be honest a pain in the rear. Not sure if due to Strava or Samsung? 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings