cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split times

Matt2616
Mt. Kenya

I’m hoping this is a stupid answer with a quick answer, although I suspect not! (For the latter!)

I’m a premium user training for my first marathon using an Apple Watch. Many of my runs now include varying the pace (e.g. 10 minute easy run, 10 minute target marathon pace, 10 minute easy run etc.). These will increase in time in the coming weeks/months.

The problem I have is that Strava on my Apple Watch will only show my average pace for the whole session. So once I’ve done my 10 minutes, I have no way of knowing what speed I’m actually running at (and therefore can’t see if I’m actually hitting my target marathon pace or not). 

Thanks in advance for your replies. Also, when is Strava going to introduce maps/route integration on the Apple Watch for new routes?! I’d like my watch to tell me when to turn etc rather than memorising a route or checking my Strava app on my phone mid run!

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Matt2616 

Thanks for posting about this.  Have you tried turning on audio cues on the Strava Apple Watch App?  They will announce the pace of your last split.

• You can enable real-time audio feedback to alert you when you start, pause, resume and stop your activity. You can also hear feedback about your total distance and if you're recording run activities, the pace on your last split, and the total average split pace. To enable audio cues, navigate to the settings page on your watch and tap 'Audio Cues.' Here you can toggle the Audio Cue settings independently.

Full article here

Good luck with your marathon training!  Which marathon are you training for?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Matt2616 

Thanks for posting about this.  Have you tried turning on audio cues on the Strava Apple Watch App?  They will announce the pace of your last split.

• You can enable real-time audio feedback to alert you when you start, pause, resume and stop your activity. You can also hear feedback about your total distance and if you're recording run activities, the pace on your last split, and the total average split pace. To enable audio cues, navigate to the settings page on your watch and tap 'Audio Cues.' Here you can toggle the Audio Cue settings independently.

Full article here

Good luck with your marathon training!  Which marathon are you training for?

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team