cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strava cant connect with edge 830. error 401

starvinberry01
Mt. Kenya

hi. 

im having trouble with connecting mij garmin edge 830 with the strava app. notification error 401 cant connect is popping up.  can i get some help? 

logging in with email adres 

apps are up to date.

wifi of mobile connects makes no difference  

bluethoot is connected. 

please send help! ps sorry for the bad grammatichs, greetings from holland!

4 REPLIES 4

Jimi
Strava
Strava

Sorry for the confusion. Strava routes are still compatible with an Edge 830, it's the Connect IQ app that is no longer in use.

You need to enable the Courses permission in Garmin Connect.

Garmin Connect website: Enable Courses permission in your Account Information page in order to take advantage of the integration.

From the Garmin Connect mobile app: Using the Connect mobile app, navigate to Settings > Partner Apps > Strava > Enable Courses permission.

If the setting is already enabled, please double check that your device is compatible and contains a Courses folder.

For more information, here is a link to our Knowledge Base article: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000919304

Pandamonium
Shkhara

I'm having exactly the same problem with an Edge 820 running Software Version 12.70

Apologies for the recent troubles using the Strava Routes ConnectIQ app on your Garmin device. The Strava Routes app is no longer supported.

Please review this article for more information: 

hi jimi,

sorry but do you say that i cannot use strava on my edge 830? i only just bought my garmin edge 830last december in the store brand new for 250euro , and now the strava software isnt compatible anymore? thats not cool.... 

my garmin wont connect at all with strava..... it gives a 401 error

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings