cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Strava heart rate data problem

MatijaLipovz
Mt. Kenya

Okay so ive had a problem for a long time with my heart rate data not showing on my posts altough everything is connected proprerly. And even on my garmin connect data is shown but on strava its not and ive checked my privacy setting and everything seem to be public so i dont know what could be wrong. If you got any suggestions please leave them in comments. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @MatijaLipovz 

Thanks for posting about this.  

Can you check to see if you have granted Strava consent to process and store your health-related data which includes heart rate data. If you'd like Strava to collect and process health data for future activities you can change your permission settings before your next upload. Unfortunately, our team won't be able to add health-related data back to any activities uploaded while Strava did not have permission to store this data.

Please check and adjust those settings and let me know if that solves the problem.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

As goes I see your reply, jumping into the app setting. Default profile birthday was random. It's 1985 bla bla , and I fill complete birthday data.

And now, heart rate data could be recorded and seen from strava.

Without see your reply, I don't know what to do. Thank you 

Hi Jane - I've recently bought a Garmin with cadence, HR monitor and Cadence Monitor.

My setting was already "Allowed Access" ticked. However I am still not seeing my HR data uploaded with my rides. I will pay attention to any prompts that come up again when i am uploading, but I don't think that is it. I can't see on Strava if it has recognised the Garmin connect has the other attachments. 

Former Member
Not applicable

I have done everything yet my Amazfit watch is syncing heart rate.

I have followed all the above. My garmin Epix 2 has all the permissions granted but it still doesn’t upload my heart rate. I have purchased premium to do this to no luck. Any ideas?

Jane, after reading this a few days ago, I realized I didn’t have the right permissions enabled.  After enabling it and went for a ride, the heart rate data didn’t move over still from Garmin to Strava.  Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

vince

I recently purchased a Yahoo Elemnt Rival.

Last Saturday data from a run synced automatically with Strava and HR info appeared in the Analysis. Today I used the Rival for a cycle activity. After automatic syncing with Strava, in place of HR info I get the link 'how to add your heart data'. I've verified that access is allowed for health related data. In Wahoo's Elemnt app the HR info displays correctly (I prefer the Strava version 🙂). I deleted the Strava activity and reloaded the cycle file to Strava from the Elemnt app - same outcome - HR info not displayed.

Any ideas?

Former Member
Not applicable

same with amazfit

I have this problem too, although it’s intermittent and seems to be only with runs. Four days ago it correctly logged my heart rate during my 2-hr run.  Today I did a walk, then a run, then a cooldown walk. It logged for the walks but not the run so clearly all the permissions are correct. I did all workouts using Apple Watch. This is a fairly recent problem

3 days ago Strava started to ignore HR data on my uploads.  The problem is there regardless of iPhone, Wahoo element or direct file- all with HR data present.  The permissions page mentioned by Jane (moderator) shows my HR data as permission denied.  I'm unable to correct this when selecting the 'allow' button, instead it loops back round to permissions denied.  If I try to upload a file directly it tells me at the upload stage HR data will not be present because of the permissions.   Why it started suddenly and why I can't change the permission is the issue? 

Thanks,

Problem solved, DOB issue that hides heart rate.

What’s DOB? Did you mean Date of Birth?