cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava segments doesn’t function

Enzo
Mt. Kenya

Hello, it is been a some month since the live segments doesn’t function anymore in my Garmin edge 520. If I’m racing a segment the Garmin show me that it is started but if I’m going on map page my position isn’t correct and if I go on the page were I can see the live times it say me that I’m not on the route. Instead, if I’m going in any page of a segment , when I’m not running, the maps, the ranking and the elevation are totally black without any information. I already try to reset my device and re starring the segments but had not changed nothing. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I'm not following a course/route and the tracks seem to be recorded correctly. I tried to load a Garmin segment and I see that this too is devoid of information if I go to training—> segments. So in the end I think it's a Garmin problem. I tried contacting their support but they haven't responded yet

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Enzo 

Thanks for your reply and based on what you described, I would agree that sounds like an issue on the Garmin side of things.  I hope they are able to help you find a resolution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Enzo 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this difficulty!  Are you following a course/route while using live segments?  Currently, live segments may not function when you're also following a course so please keep that in mind.  I would recommend testing live segments without using a course/route.

Second question - is your Garmin device recording good quality GPS data?  When you look at your map after upload, does it look correct?  A poor quality or jumpy GPS signal can cause your device to think you are "off" a live segment.  If your Garmin device isn't recording high quality GPS data, I would recommend contacting Garmin Support for troubleshooting assistance:  https://support.garmin.com/

I hope that helps!  Let us know if you're able to resolve this or need further help.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi, I'm not following a course/route and the tracks seem to be recorded correctly. I tried to load a Garmin segment and I see that this too is devoid of information if I go to training—> segments. So in the end I think it's a Garmin problem. I tried contacting their support but they haven't responded yet

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings