cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting time Zwift rides does not match (2 hours earlier)

Mitridi
Mt. Kenya

Today I noticed that my latest Zwiftride started at 5 pm in Strava but I started it at 7 pm. Then I looked at my other rides and it seems like all my Zwift rides (more then 100 over the last year) got a starting time 2 hours earlier.

No issue with real life rides. It's weird because it is the first time I see this. Could it be that the hours changed recently? Or is this a Zwift problem?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi there, it sounds like your timezone may not be set correctly. Please try the following:

1. Access your account through the Strava Website
  2. Go to Profile > Settings
  3. Select your current location and type in Los Angeles & Save (this is to reset the time zone, we recognize this is not your accurate location. You will reset your location in step 5)
    Soren_0-1696014431165.png

4. Select Refresh PageSoren_1-1696014431156.png

5. Enter in your correct location & Save.
  6. Select Refresh Page (if the time zone still does not refresh to match your location please try step 3 again and then refresh the page followed to ensure the time zone and location match. Then enter your correct location again and refresh the time zone). Sometimes the timezone gets stuck and just needs to get adjusted back and forth to reset itself. Once it is set and is accurate it will not revert back.

This should resolve the time zone issue you are experiencing for all future activities. Unfortunately, the only way to fix the timestamps on your existing Zwift activities is to re-upload them. This will require that any existing versions of that activity get deleted so that the new version(s) can be uploaded. Keep in mind this will remove all kudos, comments, and photos associated with the original activity.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

Hi there, it sounds like your timezone may not be set correctly. Please try the following:

1. Access your account through the Strava Website
  2. Go to Profile > Settings
  3. Select your current location and type in Los Angeles & Save (this is to reset the time zone, we recognize this is not your accurate location. You will reset your location in step 5)
    Soren_0-1696014431165.png

4. Select Refresh PageSoren_1-1696014431156.png

5. Enter in your correct location & Save.
  6. Select Refresh Page (if the time zone still does not refresh to match your location please try step 3 again and then refresh the page followed to ensure the time zone and location match. Then enter your correct location again and refresh the time zone). Sometimes the timezone gets stuck and just needs to get adjusted back and forth to reset itself. Once it is set and is accurate it will not revert back.

This should resolve the time zone issue you are experiencing for all future activities. Unfortunately, the only way to fix the timestamps on your existing Zwift activities is to re-upload them. This will require that any existing versions of that activity get deleted so that the new version(s) can be uploaded. Keep in mind this will remove all kudos, comments, and photos associated with the original activity.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings