cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which manufacturers or devices directly send Heartrate to Strava

Roborob
Mt. Kenya

Hi.

I am looking for a simple watch  that can directly send heart rate to Strava, so I can just use Phone/Strava as my run tracker and handle all the GPS/splits. Fitbit does not do this, it records your run first, then later sends it to Strava, but not always, often the watch crashes or GPS fails, then it goes missing. I looked through the list of compatible devices on Strava, and for some devices it specifically says they do not connect directly, but others it is not so explicit that it does.

So can anyone confirm what manufacturers can do this with Strava?

Ps. I am doing this as I have a Fitbit charge 4, but I want to replace it, as it keeps crashing during runs. My girlfriends did exactly the same, super annoying, lots of people on fitibit forum have the same problem, and not just with this Model. Screen is unreadable in sun anyway. Pretty disappointed in this device and support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Roborob 

Garmin Vivosmart will sync directly with Strava.  Here's information on how to sync your Garmin data to Strava

If you're considering any other devices, let me know and I can provide more information.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Roborob
Mt. Kenya

Hi, thanks, yes I would like the option to just record gps and HR from Strava and not rely on the bundled app with the watch. So in your first link: so Garmin, Bryton, Polar and Wahoo. Cool, I am considering a Garmin Vivosmart.

The second link I did have a click through some of the brands, but it was not so explicit which ones would work directly... like the fitbit page does not say you can't pair the sensor directly.

Hello @Roborob 

Garmin Vivosmart will sync directly with Strava.  Here's information on how to sync your Garmin data to Strava

If you're considering any other devices, let me know and I can provide more information.

Jane (she/her)

@Roborob 

One thing I forgot to mention about the Vivosmart - some models do not contains built in GPS and you would need to take your phone along to track GPS/route information.  

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Roborob 

Thanks for your post.  Can you clarify if you plan to record with the Strava Mobile App, and pair your heart rate monitor device to that?  If so, refer to this link for more information on compatible heart rate monitors. A popular heart rate monitor compatible with Strava is the Wahoo TICKR or the Polar H10.  Most popular Bluetooth heart rate monitors from brands like Polar, Bryton, Garmin, and Wahoo should be compatible, as long as they broadcast as a heart rate monitor for bluetooth connections.

If you are looking for a device to record with that also records your heart rate, there are many.  Garmin watches are very popular on Strava but there are many other options:   View this link for more information

I hope that helps.

Jane (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings