cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic language change in the application

jarostek
Mt. Kenya

Some time ago the mobile app spontaneously changed my language from English to Russian. I don't know Russian, I use the English version. How can I restore the correct language? Everything is fine on the website. I reinstalled strava but this did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jarostek 

Thanks for posting about this.

• The Strava App will be displayed in the same language as your phone's system language. So, if your phone itself is set to use that language, the Strava App will do the same. At this point it's not possible to manually set the Strava language to a different one than that of your phone's system.
  • Some Athletes have experienced the Strava App displaying a language that does not match that of their phone's system language. In this case, simply toggle your phone's language to a different option - then back to your language of choice; this should do the trick.

Let us know if that helps!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jarostek 

Thanks for posting about this.

• The Strava App will be displayed in the same language as your phone's system language. So, if your phone itself is set to use that language, the Strava App will do the same. At this point it's not possible to manually set the Strava language to a different one than that of your phone's system.
  • Some Athletes have experienced the Strava App displaying a language that does not match that of their phone's system language. In this case, simply toggle your phone's language to a different option - then back to your language of choice; this should do the trick.

Let us know if that helps!

Jane (she/her)

Device language I use is Ukrainian. Why the **bleep** do I see russian and can't change it? Is it a political statement of Strava team - that Ukrainians have to speak russian?

Hi @Alex_1 

Thanks for posting about this and sorry to hear of the issue.

Some Athletes have experienced the Strava App displaying a language that does not match that of their phone's system language. In this case, simply toggle your phone's language to a different option (in the phone settings) - then back to your language of choice; this should resolve the issue you're having.

Let us know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)

Hi, I’ve been having an issue where my workouts that get posted are in Spanish and the emails I get from Strava are in Spanish. I speak and read Spanish, so it’s not a huge problem, however most all of my friends do not. I’ve tried deleting all other languages from my phone and toggling my preferred language. Is there anything else I can do? 

My native language is polish 😄 

Ok. I remove others languages from phone settings. Now I have Strava in English....

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings