cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daniknobloch
Mt. Kenya

With the recent update to the strava website, segments have been added to the "Maps" portion of the site. This is a cool interface, however I cannot easily filter cycling segments by climb category anymore. This was one of the most useful features that I found, especially when trying to get a sense of how flat/hilly/mountainous an area is before visiting, and seeing which routes are most popular. I can now only seem to filter by length and for elevation "any" flat" "hilly" or "climb." This has been pretty unhelpful for planning cycling trips and routes in new areas, and comparing different places. I understand that it can be useful when visiting a flatter city to have the "hilly" option give me 50ft climbs since that is all there is, but I would like to be able to filter climbs by category and see what does and doesn't exist in an area. Re-adding the filter by category feature that was on the old segment explore to the Maps page would be extremely useful.

5 REPLIES 5

ratzell
Mont Blanc

Is there a plan for this to return? seems previously starred segments still show categorization in 'my segments' so confused why this filter has been removed........mostly unable to locate longer segments currently - which is a bit unfortunate 

bbcyclist
Mt. Kenya

Here for the same issue. I always checked the segments by HC, 1, 2 categories etc. Not sure how to get that info easily anymore, but I doubt Strava would take away a helpful feature like that?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @daniknobloch and @avooijen 

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on this.  I've shared it with our Team, and we will continue to monitor this thread for feedback on this recent change.  

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Dear Jane, please ask your team to return this feature (filtering climbs by category) as soon as possible. I used this every single time to plan routes and explore new regions. By removing the ability to filter out different category climbs, it's really making route planning much harder and I will have to go to a different company in future. I cannot understand why you would remove this, it makes no sense to me. I made an account just to post this.

avooijen
Mt. Kenya

I absolutely agree. Finding segments on the map this way seems much worse than it was before. I mainly used the segments explorer like you, for finding climbs in areas I hadn't been before, which seems a lot less convenient this way.

I especially liked the list of segments so I could quickly see which ones looked interesting.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings