cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

99 REPLIES 99

I also agree with the other comments here. It's absolutely ridiculous that Strava would even think that adding something like this would be a good idea. My week-to-week training is not the same every single week and we should never always be doing more it's stupid. I'm currently marathon training and I just logged into Strava and was met by loads of red downward arrows telling me how bad I am for not doing as many miles this week. Despite the fact that tomorrow I will be doing a very long run. I didn't opt into this stupid feature but there's no way of getting rid of it. As a paying member of Strava, I really implore you to get rid of this. And ASAP. We are in the thick of spring marathon training and I'm sure other people are utterly sick of this. 

it’s been a month since your reply to this. any follow ups?

Also wondering about a follow up. This absolutely needs an option to toggle off.

Hi - adding my thoughts here. There definitely needs to be a toggle to turn it off. If I'm on my feed, I'm there to see what workouts other people have done, I don't care how my monday workout today compares to last week's monday workout, nor should it give me a red arrow if it's one minute shorter than last time, nor should it combine km from both running and cycling because they are not comparable. I don't know who this feature is targeted at. People with programs or a consistent schedule know what they've got to do this week already, and for everyone else it is VERY easy to tap across to your profile and see all those performance statistics if you wish. Most importantly, a productive training program is not progression on progression! Some weeks will be higher intensity, some will be higher volume, some involve cross-training. This widget encourages bad training habits and I don't want to see it every time I open the app.

I agree! Please remove or allow users to disable this feature! It makes me feel bad and like I should do more activities, when I had actually some really good stats from the week. No one can continuously do more activities - but we all want to see the green mark to say we've done more. It is detrimental to the user experience and mental health.

Another vote for, at minimum, letting the user disable this feature. Not needed and could lead to unhealthy habits. 

_windrunner
Shkhara

And to add, I’ve just completed a workout that would finally show me as improving week over week, on Sunday night, and the tracker has already reset to 0 for all categories for next week. 

This feature seems to only exist to make me feel bad about my schedule unless I front load my week at my own detriment!

Aphideous
Mt. Kenya

Definitely agree with this. It should be optional. Reinforces harmful behaviours 

I also agree that it is extremely silly that it always tells me in the beginning of every week that my training volume is lower than the previous week. Guess what, a bulk of my miles comes on Saturday and Sunday, so every week it tells me I am underperforming while in fact I am not! 

YYJrunner
Mt. Kenya

Couldn’t agree with this more. I got injured this week and when I logged in yesterday it showed me that my weekly activities are down by 6. I already knew I am not getting to run this week and did not enjoy that reminder. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings