cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

99 REPLIES 99

That isn't what Strava does. There is almost zero customization anywhere on the app or on the web.

I too would prefer to see weekly elevation gain rather than the total time. I would like to customize fields in the activity details and in the feed too. But Strava keeps practicing the "form over function" approach.

ah, the good ol' toxic "if (s)he dies, (s)he dies" mentality. #1 how about doing some research and seeing how this affects more people than not? — fewer people are inherently "competitive". #2 how about using the remaining brain cell and realizing that a simple solution would be to have an opt-in/opt-out option so the wimps and the super-duper-strong-omg people like yourself could be happy at the *same* *time*? 🤯

Not possible. Because the. You would win. And this cannot be allowed!

This. Seriously, seeing some numbers makes you question your feelings. Put the tissues down and put your running shoes on.

not sure what this reply has to do with the weekly snapshot proving to be annoying for many

ed806
Mt. Kenya

The weekly snapshot recently showed up on my Home Screen. Completely useless screen trash. An option to disable would be great, or just get rid of it entirely. 

scaredyslug
Mt. Kenya

For what its worth, I really like this feature, when I am on a taper week I know I am on a taper week so its chill that it shows me im down. 

The only time it bugs me is when im busy with work/baby so i can't really get out, but the good thing is it makes me fired up to ride/run more so i make sure to finish my work day on time or find time with my wife to look after the kid.

I am surprised people care so much about a red arrow. I actually didn't like the way previously there didn't seem to be a quick cumulative view. Big fan of it showing both hours and miles, as obviously when I have a heavy run week vs a heavy ride week distance doesn't mean much.

For someone like me who is trying to break obsessive habits around exercise it's a bit jarring to open the app and have that be the first thing I see. Logically I know "it's a Monday at 0600, of course there's going to be zero hours" but I still find it annoying. It's obviously a personal problem, yet it seems like such an easy fix to add a toggle off option.

I'm glad people find the data beneficial, but I've got beef w/ the red arrow. 🙂

Hi, I kind of ignore it; I may be dim but what do the triangles mean? TIA

They compare your previous and current weeks. Up-triangle? You're doing better. Plenty of psychology studies show the harmful effects in brain chemistry from gamification (to put it succinctly). I suspect it the feature is aimed at their competitive/pro users, so they should offer a simple way to opt out for those of us who see it as detrimental. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings