cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

99 REPLIES 99

mccseanpatrick
Mt. Kenya

Someone should tell the Strava Developers they didn’t include a TMZ conversion in their weekly CRON/or api which resets/fetches snapshots. Just a little QC note 🙂

pagesnpavement
Mt. Kenya

Agreed. The totals are whatever, I don't find them useful but I don't actively dislike them either. But the arrows are totally divorced from what good training entails. Let me have the option to turn them off!

KyleL
Shkhara

Would really appreciate a way to disable this feature. not a fan.

Stanislav_k
Mt. Kenya

Absolutely love this feature, it helps me to push myself to train. It is not clear which week serves as baseline, anyway, it is a first useful Feature for me since a few years.

Fantastic.  So they should make it optional.   You'd want it enabled, others want it disabled.   Choice is a great thing.  

🤛 keep pushing

KW9000
Mt. Kenya

There is an arrow and a number under each column (activities, time, and distance). The arrows make no sense. What does the number refer to?

And yes, make the feature optional. 

marissashaver
Mt. Kenya

Agree. Please give the option to get rid of it. I hate this feature too! It's very like micro-manage-y, it's truly not helpful and feels like a wagging finger that you haven't "done enough" that week. It's not necessary! I can't imagine it would be a helpful feature to very many people with the way that human psychology works. I can imagine the sort of idea behind it but... it's not working great.

MisterMedian
Mt. Kenya

Hate the weekly snapshot with a passion. Takes up space and it’s a useless feature. 

runjusrun
Mt. Kenya

+1 for option to hide. Please!!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings