cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on “Your Weekly Snapshot” feature

_windrunner
Shkhara

I’m now seeing the “Your Weekly Snapshot” at the top of my feed when using the app. I do not enjoy how this serves almost entirely to make me feel bad about my effort so far in the current week. This is detrimental to my experience on Strava. 

My training schedule each week is highly variable due to plenty of factors such as work, personal commitments, weather, etc. I should not have to see a feature telling me I haven’t been working as hard when I have been putting in more or the same amount of effort as my schedule allows. 

Please enable a toggle for this feature so we do not have to see it. 

98 REPLIES 98

dnw
Mt. Kenya

This is wild. Truly bewildered someone thought the feature was a good idea. Stravas priorities have clearly shifted in recent months from community building to profiteering. I'm bummed about it and hope a competitor comes soon.

qrohlf
Mt. Kenya

Seeing as a lot of these comments are from Jan and this only started showing up in my feed this week, someone seems to have decided that it's a good idea to roll out this feature to a wider audience. The implementation seems to remain the same, in that the app is constantly telling me that I'm under-performing as soon as I open it, because I am sticking to my training plan and more does not always equal better (except in venture capital, growth at all costs world).

It's interesting that there's no opt-out mechanism, since that means that it's not possible to get a negative signal ("users don't want this") from user telemetry. Presumably the "see more" button is instrumented and clicks on that button are interpreted as positive signal?

Either way, this seems less like a feature designed to service users' needs, and more like a feature designed to produce a KPI graph with an upward slope. It's actively making my experience with Strava and perception of the Strava brand worse, and I would love a way to disable it.

On a semi-related note, I have similar feelings to the user above about the "motivational" messages that are now tacked on to every workout upload notification. Would love a way to turn those off as well. 

stopitbrrruce
Mt. Kenya

i absolutely do not want this at the top of my feed every time i open the app. 

tm
Mt. Kenya

Just received this feature, presumably as it's gradually sent out to everyone to stink up their feeds. "Ah, just what I needed to get me out and about – a third of the landing screen reminding me that I exercise in the evenings. Thanks Strava™ Product Team!". I too would appreciate the option to disable this visual chaff.

Generally a feature like this would be progressively rolled out to users to allow for course corrections. Product owners can measure engagement changes and perhaps not inflict every half-baked idea on the entire userbase. Strava is different. Strava prefers to carry every limping feature over the finish line.

"The telemetry on this is interesting .... The very first time folks see this they click on `See More` and find that it just takes them to the existing Progress tab, same as if they clicked the `You` icon. Then every time they refresh the home screen they scroll past it irritatedly, almost as though they're not interested in seeing stale content. Maybe we need to make some changes here – what if instead of a Weekly comparison, it was a Daily or Hourly comparison? Ooh ooh how about 'Your Minute In Review' so that athletes feel compelled to refresh the app repeatedly while they're recording an exercise? C'mon developers I need my engagement KPIs to SPARKLE"

thedford
Mt. Kenya

This information in the feed is annoying, anyone can go to their profile to see it in better detail.

On a screen that is small every bit of realestate is valuable. Please remove this.

isanavarro
Mt. Kenya

I think it should be optional to show Your Weekly Snapshot at the top of your Home Feed. It is great motivation sometimes, but others I just want to look at my feed and not be reminded I am having a recovery week and it’s all red numbers. This should be a feature that could be turned on and off in the Settings.

datasith
Shkhara

It is depressing to see the red arrows comparing me to last week. In the spirit of improving one’s mental health through exercise, let us disable/opt out of this “feature”.

lp
Mt. Kenya

Would love to see this feature either go away or at least let users disable.

Coachzed
Mt. Kenya

Poor implementation, as well. Red icons showing that my training volume as of Monday is lower than my volume from all of last week?  Of course it’s lower!

dozynugget
Mt. Kenya

Yep, really agree with this. All running training plans include down weeks/the taper and this just serves to make you feel bad about those weeks/encourage constantly pushing to increase. I find it a really annoying feature.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings