cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heat Map Inconsistent

Shel1
Mt. Kenya

My own heat map doesn‘t include certain bicycle rides, some of which are my longest in distance and elevation. I can see some on the heat map when I select all activities, but most I can't. I've changed the privacy settings, time/date, ride details, even got premium and still can't see certain rides. I went to show a friend all the areas I've bike and noticed they were not present. One route I went on for 3 days in a row and the second one is randomly not visible on my heat map. I've noticed previous discussions about this, but haven't heard of an update in a few months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bryant,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing about the dates helped. However, I found the solution for the rides I couldn't see which prompted this question. Looks like I labeled some bike rides as workout/commutes. Apparently I have to select "show commutes" on the heat map or dual listed activities will not show on the map automatically. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello

Your issue might be due to specific ride labels. One user discovered that activities labeled as "workout" or "commute" didn't appear on their heat map unless they selected the "show commutes" option. Check your ride labels and adjust your heat map filters accordingly.

Hope it helps !

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Shel1,

Thank you for writing in. For the rides you aren't able to find, can you confirm if you've tried using the "Custom Date Range" filter to find these specific rides? 

More information on Personal Heatmaps along with the filters can be found here.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Bryant,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing about the dates helped. However, I found the solution for the rides I couldn't see which prompted this question. Looks like I labeled some bike rides as workout/commutes. Apparently I have to select "show commutes" on the heat map or dual listed activities will not show on the map automatically. Thanks!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings