cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuyBeels
Shkhara

What have you done to Heatmaps?  I do not care about businesses, or where other people have run, walked, or biked, and the new color selection interface does not allow basemap changes from the same interface (as it should).  Also, as I zoom out, the once-useful aggregation of workouts (showing a circle and number at scales where the actual paths get tiny and useless) is now gone.  Writing this as a cartographer, recent changes are not an improvement.  Is there a way to recover the old display mode?

83 REPLIES 83

Market-and-Ivy
Shkhara

I miss the clusters in the old personal heat map (pre update) for two key reasons:

1. It helped me find activities in other geographies from years ago
  2. I really enjoyed zooming out and seeing all the clusters of activities from all the places I had been - this feature definitely helped keep me active on vacations for the joy of adding a new cluster to the globe on my heat map.

Exactly! Same here!

Market-and-Ivy
Shkhara

+1 to brining back the activity clusters. It was probably my favorite Premium feature - sad we lost it.

dslomian
Shkhara

Exactly! I got to this forum only for this reason and I'm glad someone else has brought this up! We want the old way where we could see the bubbles when map was zoomed out! It was such a great thing to be able to see all the places I ran in, and the main reason I paid for Strava, everything else that I nees for training is in Garmin, and honestly just to have access to segments is not going to be enough for me to justify paying subscription fees! Please bring it back and sooner rather than later

caiosantos
Mt. Kenya

Bring the clusters back please! It was so great to see all the places in the world you ran!

cable
Mt. Kenya

Yet another vote to please bring back activity clusters!

rioboi85
Mt. Kenya

I will unsubscribe if they will not bring back or improve the heatmaps. I enjoy reviewing the old version knowing how man times I have been in a same place doing activities and excited to make activities on places that I don't have. The numbers gave me great stories to my son where I have been thru when I got home after a contract in seafaring.

uzaks
Pico de Orizaba

On the personal heatmaps, please bring back the activity clusters option. Just as it worked before: when you zoom out, the activity clusters are very useful to see since the extent of the activities themselves gets tinier. And as before, toggle the activity clusters on and off (if you do not want to see them). 

uzaks
Pico de Orizaba

Agreed. I've just created this topic under the new idea suggestions, please send kudos/support there: https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/ideas/add-back-the-activity-clusters-to-heatmaps/idi-p/27182

Dougboat
Mt. Kenya

Bring activity clusters!!!