cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display MAX SPEED: Who cares about calories!? (which is a joke stat, anyway)

L_McLoskey
Shkhara

My Strava activities on my phone used to default to displaying distance, elevation gain, time, average speed, and MAX SPEED, but at some point with no warning or explanation it stopped displaying Max Speed and instead shows calories.
I have friends whose activity feeds still default to show both avg and max speed, while others show calories -- but nobody knows how or why that changed, and nobody knows how to change it.
Sure, I can click "view analysis" to see my Max Speed, but I don't want to do that. I want my activity feed to automatically display Max Speed. WHO CARES about calories (which of all the stats on Strava is basically a total joke & super inaccurate, anyway!)?

HOW can I change that? Strava does it for some people already (and used to do it for me), soooooo it's obviously possible. But I can't find any info anywhere!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @L_McLoskey ,

That's a great question. The activity data you see on your dashboard may be slightly different from activity to activity depending on the activity type and the activity itself.

For example, for a running activity, the elevation will appear in place of pace/speed if the elevation gain is greater than 100ft per mile. Otherwise, pace/speed will be visible on the dashboard.

The information you see may also be dependent on the length of the text. For example, if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

What is the solution? Is anyone working on it?

See my latest reply, with screenshots. So Strava is already doing this for some users, and yet we can't get a straight answer about why or how I can also do it🙄

As Bryant had explained the app decides automatically what is shown and what not. That's of course suboptimal for us users but it was a straight answer anyway.

This does not change the fact that I see this option as interesting for users in the future. Someone should work on it. I'd rather see the average heart rate there, for example.

This is a design flaw. I want to see average heart rate. I care less about calories or elevation. Can you put this to the dev guys and get an eta?

Same here, I've just spotted my mates Strava on his phone screenshot this morning & his shows Max speed, but mine calories. I know he's not altered his. There must be some way to do this.
And he did same ride as me this morning.