cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a lot of complaints at the moment, see below, not enough room in the subject line

Former Member
Not applicable

1. How come all my rides are now listed as """virtual rides""" and I can't change that?

2. When I'm doing Interval training the table of Interval data has NEVER been correct.

3. How come if I have GPS turned off for part of a ride, Strava only counts the time GPS was on?

4. How come with GPS turned off (which is the default for me) Strava can't tell the difference between 'time moving' and 'elapsed time', making everything 'elapsed time' and skewing all my other ride stats because of that? (I have to work around this before uploading data)

Strava people, you keep pressing me and everyone else for a Paid Subscription, but with the above problems alone I've been right on the edge of just deleting my account entirely, I don't actually need Strava at all for any of my training, it's just so people who know me can see what I'm doing. Why can't you fix how buggy your site is. then maybe you'll get more interested from someone like me to pay for it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Former Member 

Thanks for posting! I'll try to address your questions one by one.  

Virtual Ride activities are activity recordings that contain virtual GPS, distance, elevation, and time data from a simulated route. You can learn more about virtual activities on Strava here:  Virtual trainer activities If you're uploading data from a virtual platform (for example Zwift) those activities are automatically categorized as virtual activities and you won't be able to change that activity type on Strava.  If you're uploading outdoor rides with actual GPS data, and you're seeing those categorized as "virtual", we would need to some investigation on your account to see what might be going on.  If that's the case, please submit a support ticket  and our support Team will be happy to help with that.  

In regards to the question you have about your interval data on your activity, we would need to do more investigation on your account to give you an answer.   Our Support Team would be happy to take a look at that.  Please include that question and and an example activity link when you submit a support ticket.

For outdoor activities with GPS data - you're correct we do use the recorded GPS data to calculate the distance of the activity, so if GPS data is missing from a portion of it, you won't see that distance reflected on your activity page.  

In regards to your last point, we use GPS data to calculate moving time, so for non-GPS activities you will see elapsed time.  You can find out more details about this here.

We welcome feedback and I would encourage you to review our Guidelines on Feedback and Idea Submission.

Another Community member has already submitted an idea about showing moving time on non-GPS activities and you can view that here.  Don't forget to add your comments and click the kudos button to show your support.  

Thanks again for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Liv
Shkhara

I pay a subscription and I’ve been trying to seek assistance for 24 hours and haven’t heard from anyone. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Former Member 

Thanks for posting! I'll try to address your questions one by one.  

Virtual Ride activities are activity recordings that contain virtual GPS, distance, elevation, and time data from a simulated route. You can learn more about virtual activities on Strava here:  Virtual trainer activities If you're uploading data from a virtual platform (for example Zwift) those activities are automatically categorized as virtual activities and you won't be able to change that activity type on Strava.  If you're uploading outdoor rides with actual GPS data, and you're seeing those categorized as "virtual", we would need to some investigation on your account to see what might be going on.  If that's the case, please submit a support ticket  and our support Team will be happy to help with that.  

In regards to the question you have about your interval data on your activity, we would need to do more investigation on your account to give you an answer.   Our Support Team would be happy to take a look at that.  Please include that question and and an example activity link when you submit a support ticket.

For outdoor activities with GPS data - you're correct we do use the recorded GPS data to calculate the distance of the activity, so if GPS data is missing from a portion of it, you won't see that distance reflected on your activity page.  

In regards to your last point, we use GPS data to calculate moving time, so for non-GPS activities you will see elapsed time.  You can find out more details about this here.

We welcome feedback and I would encourage you to review our Guidelines on Feedback and Idea Submission.

Another Community member has already submitted an idea about showing moving time on non-GPS activities and you can view that here.  Don't forget to add your comments and click the kudos button to show your support.  

Thanks again for your contribution.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team