cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app data consumption increased significantly

Jana_S
Elbrus

Is this just me or has the iOS app started eating much more mobile data lately? 

Last month, I've noticed an unusually high amount of mobile data used by Strava. I thought it might have been because I've uploaded a video to one of my activities while being on cellular data. Anyway, I thought I'd keep an eye on this; with a new billing month, I usually reset the mobile data stats, so I've done that: and after 2 weeks, I can see that Strava is the #1 on the mobile data eaters list again, with 1.59 GB. 😳

I haven't really changed the way how I use the mobile app. I do not use it to track my runs/walks in the real time (I record those with the AW native workout app and import afterwards). I'd sometimes use the maps during an activity to get directions, or scroll through the timeline to deal some kudos when traveling, and upload my activities (typically, when I finish a run, I'd do the upload while stretching yet outside / on mobile data). But that's it. Several GB of data seems a LOT for this kind of usage. 

Has anyone else observed the same? (I'm adding a "bug report" label as it's certainly not a desirable behavior.)

0 REPLIES 0
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings