cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace

AvoKardo
Mt. Kenya

Why is Pace no longer being shown on the main screen? There is spare space to do this under Moving Time.

Elevation is shown and frankly no one I know is interested in that, we just want to see if our pace is improving. 

Why did you stop showing this recently? 

It is making me consider moving to another app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @AvoKardo 

Thanks for posting about this.  Are you referring to the Dashboard on the Strava Mobile App?

The activity data you see on your dashboard may be slightly different from activity to activity depending on the activity type and the activity itself.

For example, for a running activity, the elevation will appear in place of pace/speed if the elevation gain is greater than 100ft per mile.

The information you see may also be dependent on the length of the text. For example, if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

I hope that's helpful.  Let us know and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Luan219411
Mt. Kenya

Could you support me why I bike more 20km with 40min and strava count pace me about 2,19185?

I do not understand what you are saying. Also please do not contact me  again 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @AvoKardo 

Thanks for posting about this.  Are you referring to the Dashboard on the Strava Mobile App?

The activity data you see on your dashboard may be slightly different from activity to activity depending on the activity type and the activity itself.

For example, for a running activity, the elevation will appear in place of pace/speed if the elevation gain is greater than 100ft per mile.

The information you see may also be dependent on the length of the text. For example, if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

I hope that's helpful.  Let us know and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

@Jane, you said:

if you are not seeing elevation or pace but an empty space this may be because the time and distance take up more room on the screen, and therefore the next set of data (elevation or pace) is not displayed since there is limited room.

How do you explain this? 

1000005297.png

Is there not enough space for more data fields? 

Also, when I make a Community Hub post on my mobile phone, is it possible to see more than 3 lines of text? It is very difficult to type comments. 

That’s not always true. When I run with my husband on same course at same elevation, his shoes pace and mine shows elevation. I’m not at all interested in elevation and would like mine to be the same as his.

Considering how much space in the feed each activity takes (with the map, pictures, and everything else), why doesn't Strava show 2 rows of fields in the feed? That would allow to show more fields without having to open an activity. 

Furthermore, even when I open activity to see the details, it still shows 6 fields max. For example I always want to see my average HR, but instead I see average power or Calories, neither of which interest me. Would be difficult to just show all available fields or at least let me choose what I want to see.

Hi Jane,

Why does Strava force this to be the case? I see pace on 99.9% of my runs and would like to see that still despite running hills. This should be optional for the user to choose which they’d like to display within the “edit activity” options. 

Does this also affect if the activity displays top efforts or segment accomplishments? I’m not seeing that listed in a recent run that displays elevation instead of pace.