cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cycling activity did not automatically sync into the Garmin Connect.

imlyi1992
Mt. Kenya

I'm a free user and agreed to the data exchange between Garmin and Strava. However, I noticed that each time my cycling activity updates on Strava, it doesn't sync automatically to Garmin Connect. Is it because this feature isn't supported for free users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @imlyi1992
Thanks for your post. Although you can create Strava Routes and share them to your Garmin device, your activities only sync one way:   Garmin>Strava. Instructions to set this up are  here. I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @imlyi1992
Thanks for your post. Although you can create Strava Routes and share them to your Garmin device, your activities only sync one way:   Garmin>Strava. Instructions to set this up are  here. I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

How can we request the ability to sync the other way? Strava > Garmin Connect. My Garmin watch is not great at tracking my walks. I prefer using Strava. But I'd like to see a summary of my miles on my watch. 

Hey @cechols
As you noted, at this moment activities on Strava do not automatically sync to Garmin. The best option is to manually export your Strava activity and upload it to your Garmin Connect account. Here is information for exporting your files from Strava: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918437

You can also post this idea to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)