cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp of an edited photo shows when the photo was edited rather than when it was taken

Silentvoyager
Kilimanjaro

Here is bug in Strava that I find mildly annoying and hope that Strava can fix it. I often take pictures during my trail runs. Just before uploading pictures to Strava I often do a quick touch-up that includes improving contrast, doing a color correction, applying a filter, etc. As a result, in Strava all those photos end up showing a wrong time - not when I took those photos but when I edited them. The correct approach would be to take the time from EXIF data if it is available. Strava already reads EXIF data to get the GPS coordinates of locations where the pictures were taken, so perhaps it should do the same for the timestamps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Silentvoyager Thanks for the details— it's always helpful when our community shares steps to reproduce. 

I've escalated this to our engineers so they can prioritize this bug report. 

Mason
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Lola
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Silentvoyager!

Little update that our engineering team has been working on updating the product. Would you be able to test if you are still experiencing the issue in the next couple of days and let us know? 

Lola
(She/her)

Just noticed this existing thread. @Lola @Mason, this bug still exists as of July 2023.

eric
Elbrus

@Silentvoyager  I've noticed the same issue lately, but it was not that way for the past 9 years. So I thought it was an issue with my phone, like maybe from an IOS update messing up the EXIF data or something. What phone do you use? I'm on iphone 11 pro. If it's on strava side, that would be great to fix.

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

I used Pixel phones for the past few years. Currently - Pixel 6 Pro. I've always had this issue for as long as I remember. 

Mason
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Silentvoyager Thanks for the details— it's always helpful when our community shares steps to reproduce. 

I've escalated this to our engineers so they can prioritize this bug report. 

Mason
(She/her)