cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole stats not uploaded accurately

fontanillakim
Mt. Kenya

I use my apple watch to record my whole ride but the distance that is only posted was half of what I did. It seems that the time spent was correct but the total distance was inaccurate. 

When I hit save on my apple watch after my ride, it did not record on strava app. I restarted my phone, apple watch and force close strava to see if it will reboot and record the data, but it still did not work. I tried to record and save a new one (just like this community suggested) By doing that, it did post the data from the previous ride that was not recorded. However, the distance that was recorded was wrong. 

is there a way that this ride can be adjusted to the full distance that I did? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @fontanillakim 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the issues.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Let me know if that's helpful, and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @fontanillakim 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the issues.

In some situations you can change the distance that is shown for your activity. Changing the distance stream may also update the pace or duration of an activity. If your device created a distance stream using sensors such as a speed sensor, pedometer, or accelerometer, you can switch your distance on Strava to use GPS data rather than the generated distance stream.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity

Let me know if that's helpful, and thanks again for your post.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team