cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does top x% mean?

RussellVossen
Mt. Kenya
  • 1000002072.jpg

 Hey everyone, I've been using strava for a while and love the system. 

However for a while I've noticed top x% on the leaderboard.

Is this just a heading saying that if you rank high enough this is where the leader board shows the number and who's on top, or is this something else?

I've googled it in many ways to find out what this means but can't seem to find anything on it.

Does anyone know what top x% means?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sander
Pico de Orizaba

This means how high you are in the rankings in the segment times driven. If there are 100 people, including you, who have cycled a certain segment and you have the 10th fastest time, you are in the "top 10%". If you have the 3rd fastest time, in this case it is "top 3%".

Especially in segments that thousands of people have cycled, such as the Alpe d'Huez or the like, you have an idea of where you stand in the list.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sander
Pico de Orizaba

This means how high you are in the rankings in the segment times driven. If there are 100 people, including you, who have cycled a certain segment and you have the 10th fastest time, you are in the "top 10%". If you have the 3rd fastest time, in this case it is "top 3%".

Especially in segments that thousands of people have cycled, such as the Alpe d'Huez or the like, you have an idea of where you stand in the list.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings