cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-bike user continually posting as ‘normal ride’ - this is driving me crazy. 🥲

Capricapers
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone. I hope you can help me. 
I don’t race my bike outside but I rely on segments for interval training and my own performance monitoring. Basically, I take Strava segments very seriously. I give kudos to those athletes who legitimately take QOMs from me, especially if they are solo female riders like me.

However, for more than two years, one particular female e-bike rider continues to use her e-MTB as a ‘normal bike’ on Strava. I have flagged her rides continually and even sent her polite emails explaining, with YouTube links, how to mark her rides as e-bike. She has not done this and she has unflagged all her rides. I have sent emails to Strava support but not received any response or any action. She continues to ride her e-bike and take QOMs from genuine riders like myself. I have a whole folder of her rides and of pictures of her on her e-MTB. 

Aside from being extremely annoying, I am at the end of my tether. Can I flag this rider/Strava user? How can I get some action and a solution to this? I would now say, this woman goes out of her way to take my Strava QOMs, especially the uphill ones. I hope you can help and thanks for your time. ❤️🙏🏻

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Capricapers 

Thanks for posting about this.  I've taken a look and I can see the Support ticket you submitted about this has been assigned and you should receive a response soon.  

Just to confirm, flagging invalid activities and reporting this behavior to Strava Support is the best course of action.  Thanks for doing that.

If you have any more questions about this or anything else, feel free to reply.  Otherwise, expect a reply from Strava Support shortly.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Stefan62
Mt. Kenya

Da fastidio anche a me questa cosa....quelli della e bike dicono che li fanno per vedere loro segmenti e tempi, perché strava non li mette nella attività e bike così restano nella loro giusta attività?

Former Member
Not applicable

<div class="strava-embed-placeholder" data-embed-type="activity" data-embed-id="9424275570"></div><script src="https://strava-embeds.com/embed.js"></script>

un ejemplo

Former Member
Not applicable

Hola

constantemente denunció este tipo de actividad antideportiva pero siguen igual

JBW-Florida
Pico de Orizaba

What Jane said should work, it worked for me.  We had a guy down here in Tampa doing the exact same thing... taking local legends and coming tantalizingly close to getting KOM's on his e-bike.  I collected all the info like you did and opened a ticket, and worded it nicely.

They basically erased him from the leaderboards and set his profile page to private. This took less than two days from me opening the ticket(!)  I was very pleased. I hope it works out for you.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Capricapers 

Thanks for posting about this.  I've taken a look and I can see the Support ticket you submitted about this has been assigned and you should receive a response soon.  

Just to confirm, flagging invalid activities and reporting this behavior to Strava Support is the best course of action.  Thanks for doing that.

If you have any more questions about this or anything else, feel free to reply.  Otherwise, expect a reply from Strava Support shortly.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

My wife, already+60 years old, still rides vert good, she has some QOM's and top-10 rankings uphill. When she was younger, she was racer, realized several victories on the Road and track.

It's ennoying that female riders on an e-bike dominate a lot of these rankings. I flag them often, but it's a never ending story.

An other problem, in our Cycling club, one member joins us on an e-bike (Orbea Gain) and registers all his rides as normal bike. Ik flagged him a few times, but this doesn't help much as he deflagged these rides.

What can I do?

Greetings from Belgium.

If you flag those activities again, then the person does not have the option to unflag it (although I think there may be one way around that) without going through strava support to justify it.  If they do manage to unflag it the 2nd time, then you would want to submit a support ticket with Strava including a link to the segment and the specific activity.  If it is multiple activities, include links to a number of them.  Explain what is happening and they will address it.  I've had good success with this with a number of different people who would not correct their actions.

this is definitely an ongoing problem - e-bike users flagrantly ignoring the rules, time after time. We flag and they unflag, almost as a means of defiance. I think e-bike users who continually list their rides as manual rides should be disallowed from Strava QOM/KOM lists de facto until they can demonstrate that they are marking their rides as e-bikes OR have a power meter and have are using manual bikes like the rest of us. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings