cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Etiquette of Flagging

Gregscott31
Mt. Kenya

I’m wondering if there is an etiquette surrounding the Flagging of rides.

I’ve had to flag a heap of rides that took my prized KOM, over the past few months, which were clearly done when the bike was put in a car after an MTB ride with Strava still recording.

last night there was another ride that looked legitimate till I saw there was no Power or Heart rate data on the last few segments…. (Road bike put in the car)

I put a message on his ride to congratulate him on the ride and also ask him to crop out the bit in the car (that took my KOM)

to my surprise, he came back very quickly and said he was trying to work out how to do this and finally sorted it…. KOM restored 🙌

Is this the way I should be dealing with this? As opposed to just flagging the rides??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

@Gregscott31 - I do a lot of flagging for the same reasons.  Most of the rides, I will just flag because when the person gets the notification to flag, they then will have the option to crop their ride if that was the issue.  At times though, depending on the situation, I will just post a comment just like you did reminding them to crop out the portion in a car.  Usually it will work, but it takes a lot more time and patience.  I would say it really depends on the person who you are flagging.  Some, you can just tell don't care (note that they sometimes even comment in their activity title that they forgot to turn off their GPS, yet didn't bother to crop it out, so had no intent of doing it) and flagging is necessary, others are just new or didn't realize it and a little reminder can help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

anchskier
Denali

@Gregscott31 - I do a lot of flagging for the same reasons.  Most of the rides, I will just flag because when the person gets the notification to flag, they then will have the option to crop their ride if that was the issue.  At times though, depending on the situation, I will just post a comment just like you did reminding them to crop out the portion in a car.  Usually it will work, but it takes a lot more time and patience.  I would say it really depends on the person who you are flagging.  Some, you can just tell don't care (note that they sometimes even comment in their activity title that they forgot to turn off their GPS, yet didn't bother to crop it out, so had no intent of doing it) and flagging is necessary, others are just new or didn't realize it and a little reminder can help.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings